Head of Engagement (Higher Ed)Position Open Since: 01 Dec 2016
EdSurge is looking for a versatile community builder who is passionate about the people and ideas shaping how learners learn and teachers teach, and is curious about what college will look like in the future.
As the head of engagement, you will work closely with EdSurge leaders to set and oversee engagement strategy for EdSurge in HigherEd, cultivate the trust and connectivity with the community that distinguishes our work, and be the go-to resource on network building strategy and tactics. You will also act as an ambassador for EdSurge HigherEd in the community.
We’ve outlined the “why” and “what” of Higher Ed at EdSurge in a recent article on EdSurge: https://www.edsurge.com/news/2016-09-09-beyond-k-12-edsurge-s-next-move
You’re the kind of person who:
- Thinks obsessively about the structure needed to support the growth of a community
- Sees engagement on social media (especially Twitter) and in-person at events as two sides of the same coin
- Knows the movers and shakers in the Higher Ed tech community
- Believes passionately about the opportunity for technology to accelerate student learning in higher ed
In this job you will:
- Nurture and increase EdSurge influence in Higher Ed by creating, shaping and managing the engagement strategy and plan
- Set priorities, assess impact and have primary accountability for growing and engaging the Digital Learning Network, including iterating and scaling EdSurge LOOP
- Drive and develop EdSurge’s growing online community presence in Higher Ed, leveraging twitter (and monthly #DLNchats), facebook and/or other platforms, and, when relevant, in-person events
- Steward EdSurge’s brand and voice across key points of engagement with our community
- Attend higher ed conferences and other gatherings and translate in-person meetings into sustained online engagement
- Initiate and lead alliances with relevant industry groups, opinion formers, key forums and other stakeholder groups
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- You are deeply empathetic and thoughtful about people and communities with mature interpersonal skills
- You are a designer of experiences - whether in the classroom, at events, or online
- You’re passionate about connecting and building networks in the world of Higher Ed, particularly focused on digital learning and educators in that space
- Have a sophisticated understanding and a proven track record of how to use brand and communication as tools to make new markets, create and sustain relevant social and in-person networks
- You have experience in Higher Education and you’ll be able to leverage your connections with this community to build credibility and relationships with decision makers in the higher ed space
- You’re able to work independently with little guidance
- Have the ability to build and sustain momentum, and keep an eye on the big picture while managing the details
- You’re comfortable discussing metrics and curious to learn more about data, especially when it comes to things like social media metrics and website page views
- Employee Healthcare
- Pick your laptop and desk setup (e.g. monitors)
- Office locations in the South Bay and Oakland
- Three weeks mandatory vacation (not the "unlimited" that never seems to happen....)
- Flexible work - work from home one day a week
EdSurge has offices in Burlingame, CA and Oakland, CA. Both locations are public transit-friendly.
EdSurge is a high growth, venture-backed news and information resource organization that’s at the heart of the rapidly growing education technology ecosystem. We care deeply about our mission to connect the users, buyers and builders of education technology to close the opportunity gap by getting the right tools into classrooms. Our team is high energy, tight-knit and loves great reads, silly puns and giphys. We sometimes do science experiments in the office because—well, why not?